Motor Insurance is mandatory in India and is one of the most bought products. This can be attributed to the growing number of vehicle owners in our country and the ease with which car loans are available. Many are confused about the specifics of the Car Insurance claim process and that’s quite understandable.
Here are a few details regarding the procedure that you might find helpful.
Insurance claims for car damages
- Firstly, you’ll have to submit a duly filled claim form along with the requested documents from the insurance company. The form will be available at many online platforms like the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website.
- A surveyor will be dispatched from your insurer who will assess the extent of the damages. He/she will then prepare a detailed report which will be submitted to your Car Insurance provider. You will also receive a copy of the document.
- In the case of severe damages, the surveyor will reach the accident spot as soon as possible.
- Based on the report, you can arrange for car repairs.
- After the repairing is done, submit to your insurer the bills and documents obtained from the garage.
- Upon verification of the documents, your Insurance amount will be reimbursed.
Third party claim procedures for your Car Insurance
- Once you receive a legal notice from the third party for a claim, inform your insurance company and refrain from communicating with the party. Avoid making any financial commitments and/or out-of-court settlements before consulting your insurer.
- Provide your insurer with a copy of the legal notice.
- Other mandatory documents that you’ll be required to submit are your driving license, the FIR and the RC book of the car.
- After the accident assessment and verification of the documents, you’ll be assigned a lawyer by your insurer.
- If you’re required to pay for the third party damages as per court order, your insurance provider will directly pay the sum to the third party.
Claim process for a stolen car
- First and foremost, you should file a police complaint and lodge an FIR.
- Provide your insurer with a copy of the FIR.
- Upon receiving the final police report, submit a copy of the same to your Insurance Company.
- An investigator will be assigned by your insurer. Make sure to cooperate with him/her.
- Wait for the approval of your claim.
- Upon receiving your provider’s approval, submit the RC book of your stolen car to your car insurance company.
- Submit a subrogation letter along with the duplicate keys of the car. It’s also compulsory to provide a notarised indemnity on a stamp paper.
- Once all the paperwork is in place, your insurance company will disburse the claim amount.
You can purchase your car insurance online from a trusted and caring provider like Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. Make sure to research your insurer’s past claim settlement history before deciding on your car insurance plan. It’s also recommended that you compare car insurance online and gauge the best, comprehensive policy.
On the Bajaj Allianz General Insurance website, you’ll find the car insurance calculator which will help you select the right premium for your car. This entity is also known for providing 24×7 call assistance and well-known for its customer-centric approach. So visit their website for your car insurance and Buy One Today!